Alumina (Al2O3) has a wide application due to its versatility and low material cost. Alumina possesses a high melting point, strong hardness, and good chemical stability, making it a good material to withstand high temperature and chemical corrosion. LARK Alumina Crucibles are available in many sizes and shapes (cylindrical, conical, low form, high form, customised)Product Qualities:
Alumina crucible purity is 99.6%
High melting point.·
Good chemical stability.·
Max temperature without load 1750 °C
Pure alumina is a refractory material, meaning that it can withstand extremely high temperatures without breaking down. Alumina’s melting point is approximately 3760 F. A form of alumina, aluminum oxide (Al2O3), is frequently used to make crucibles.
Replacement of Platinum?
Alumina Crucibles are a perfect replacement for platinum and silica crucibles. Lack of awareness of the properties makes professional to end up buying high priced platinum.
Muffle Furnace, Refractories, Laboratories, Research Institutes.
Safety & Precautions
1. Alumina products are fragile. Please handle them carefully and avoid collision during unpacking, transportation, handling and cleaning.
2. Check whether any micro-cracks exist before using alumina products. Products with micro-cracks should not be used.
3. Alumina products should be completely dry before usage. If they get wet, let the crucible or tube dry naturally before using them. If dry crucibles by placing in a dryer or oven, make sure that the dry process goes slowly.
4. Do not load too many materials in alumina crucibles, which can increase the possibility of uneven heating.
5. Alumina crucibles are sensitive to thermal shock. Try to warm up the furnace chamber slowly. A heating rate of 150°C/hour is recommended for the first 1-1.5 hours so that the crucibles can be evenly heated to reduce the impact of thermal shock. It usually takes about 3 hours to increase to high temperature.
6. Lower the temperature as gradually as possible. The cooling down rate is often half of the heating rate. If possible, arrange for consecutive heating of furnace to maintains a hot crucible. If taking the crucibles out of furnace into room temperature to pour the melted material, try to control the process as short as possible.
7. Avoid contact of heated alumina products with a cold surface. Use insulation materials as support of alumina crucibles.
Know more about us:
MxRady offers a complete range of Lark Alumina Crucibles & Labwares.We are providing the services all over India & abroad. Our crucibles are known for very high quality, at the same time we promise lowest price.
Why we are different from other seller ?
We have an experience of more than 15 Years in laboratory alumina labware. We want to provide the best quality to customer. We want to provide our services all. We are consistently trying to provide you best quality & product on better price.